Thursday 6 November 2014

What's in my kitchen, November 2014

In my kitchen is...

Bunches of flowers galore! Leaving work to go on maternity leave flowers and congratulations on the birth of Attila flowers. The house smells amazing and I light up every time I have to walk into that kitchen (which is a good thing, as I am tired, sleep deprived but also glowing with new mama happiness)


In my kitchen is...

A Sodastream play, which is patiently awaiting some attention. It is still in it's box because I haven't had the time or energy to get it out yet, but I am really looking forward to soda water on demand, reducing my eco footprint with the copious amounts of store bought soda water bottles and experimenting with delicious flavours. Shiraz cordial flavoured soda perhaps?


In my kitchen is...

An enormous box of fruit. This box was full to the top with locally grown apples, oranges, pears and mandarins. My father bought it for us because he thought it was something easy to snack on with the new baby in the house, and that Mr Fork and Ellie could easily help themselves. I need to start thinking up ways to use the fruit before it spoils though, so I'm thinking muffins, pies, cookies, juices and maybe even using some of the juice to make up more ice blocks for Ellie.


In my kitchen is...

Delicious vegan chocolate muffins, recipe courtesy of Kari from Bite-sized thoughts. She recently posted these up and I was immediately taken with them, and co-incidentally, Ellie had also recently gone off apple purees. Since I like to stock up on things when I see them on sale, I have lots of puree, and these muffins were crying out to be made. Also, Ellie and I needed some mama/daughter bonding time, so while the baby slept, we whipped up these little morsels, and then had the pleasure of snacking on them afterward. Everyone wins!


In my kitchen is...

Various things to increase milk supply, because, newborns are quite the little milk monsters!! I have breastfeeding tea which is a delicious blend of fennel, fenugreek, lemon balm, aniseed and caraway. I also have two flavours of Franjo's Kitchen tanker topper biscuits, in choc chip and fig and almond variety. The fig and almond one is more than a little bit scrumptious!

I am linking this post in with Fig Jam and Lime Cordial's monthly In My Kitchen event. Go have a peek through other kitchens around the globe!

What's in your kitchen this month?

19 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the muffins :) They look great, as does the box of fruit, your beautiful flowers, and the soda stream! I would love one of those as I get through a lot of soda water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, they were amazing. Definitely moist and delicious and devoured by both Ellie and myself! Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Love my soda stream! Saves all those plastic bottles and your never left stranded for bubbles in home made cordial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So handy to have at home. I can't believe it took me this long to get one!

      Delete
  3. I always have good intentions when I buy apples and pears then they end up going a little manky so I end up making applesauce the easy way (peel, chop, chuck in a lidded saucepan with a little water and let them stew, then puree and freeze). As we speak I really should be doing that... too many dodgy apples on my bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puree! Great idea. I feel so guilty when good fruit goes dodgy... :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers! I too am thinking of a soda stream, it would make life easier. How nice to get such a big box of fruit and a nice variety too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should definitely get the soda stream - great for summer and so easy to have soda on demand. We are so blessed with people keeping us in meals and snacks while Jimmy is still so new and we are walking zombies :)

      Delete
  5. Soda streams are a great way to get through summer- I am thinking the same as you- soda flavoured with wine- a lighter way to drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds! It makes me feel less guilty if I indulge in a sneaky (soda watered-down) drink in between feeds too!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the birth of your baby, Lisa, and allowing me to peek into another Brisbane kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I am so pleased to find another Brisbane kitchen too!

      Delete
  7. congrats on the new baby. hope you get some sleep! love the soda stream i keep meaning to buy me one of those machines:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. Sleep is hard to come by at the moment but I keep reminding myself they're only little for a small while... Definitely recommend the soda machine... it's been wonderful in this heat!

      Delete
  8. What a great gift from your dad! And wonderful news about the new bubba, congratulations! Hope you're getting some sleep! I'm so impressed you're still finding time to bake delicious muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celia. Sleep is rare, but sugary baked goods make up for it somewhat :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the both of your beautiful baby!!! I love flowers, they just make everything look brighter :-)
    A soda stream!!! I haven't seen one in years :-) it's a good idea re soda water, I do tend to go through a lot in summer! Thanks for sharing... and I love that you are so close!!! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love fresh flowers, they seem to just brighten up a room (although don't last so well in this Brisbane heat).

      It's a great machine... been getting a bit of a work out lately for sure! x

      Delete
  10. Kari's muffins look fab.
    Pretty flowers :-) I remember having one of those soda streams in our home when I was younger - hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...